Tuesday 28 June 2011

simple compassion : radical


''those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses''
proverbs 28 v 27




this is carol. she's so funny. she's at that age where she likes to talk and her speech is hilarious. it's such a shame that i actually don't quite understand her, not because of her language, but ironically because this girl has better mandarin than me! at the moment, she's not quite got the hang of saying 'I', so she's saying 'Carol...' as if she's talking about someone else for everything, but is actually referring to herself. maybe i'm a bit like that, I think about people and think that may be they've done something not so good in some way,....but actually i'm exactly the same and i just don't realise it. Jesus is right....don't judge other people. it's not my job to do that.

you know, that God actually requires quite a lot from us Christians. but yet I seem to have this false sense to security, complacency, that i don't have to do anything because i'm saved. just reading through this book (simple compassion) over the last few weeks (28 days), it's suddenly struck me that i should actually get my act together and do something. but i don't know what. the writer talks about how she gives money to sponsor a child, help out in the homeless centres etc. am i meant to do that as well?....Lord, what do you want me to do?

No comments: