Monday 20 June 2011

simple compassion : anxious


''do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God''
Philippians 4 v 6


Link

fear is an expression of worry, of anxiety, and worry is a sin.

oh dear....sin overload. big time. it's a sign that i don't trust in God enough to hold my future. must learn to trust and obey and to do what God wants me to do NOW, not in the future and not what he wanted me to do before. but it's so hard.

i feel like i'm a failure. havent really moved on in life. just see people move on, start family and set up their life. i'm stuck in a rut. funnily, Rose had this poem today. she wrote it in my diary for me:

Failure does not mean I'm a failure;
It does mean I have not yet succeeded.

Failure does not mean I have accomplished nothing;
It does mean I have learned something.

Failure does not mean I have been a fool;
It does mean I had enough faith to experiment.

Failure does not mean I have disgraced;
It does mean I have dared to try.

Failure does not mean I don't have it;
It does mean I have something to do in a different way.

Failure does not mean I am inferior;
It does mean I am not perfect.

Failure does not mean I have wasted my life;
It does mean that I have an excuse to start over.

Failure does not mean that I should give up;
It does mean that I should try harder.

Failure does not mean that I will never make it;
It does mean that I need more practice.


it's kinda nice. kinda inspiring. kinda reassuring. it's ok to fail. it's ok to take my own time to do things....

went to church this morning and sang this song. dunno why, but i always love the idea of eagles wings and the safety that we can have under God's protection.

Everlasting God

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord (repeat)

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

No comments: