Friday 1 July 2011

simple compassion : freedom


''Keep me free from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.
I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
for you saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.
You have not given me into the hands of the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place''
psalms 31 v 4, 7-8


.

Ronia. her favourite pastime is crying. honestly, everytime, she just cries. it's almost hilarious. but, when i saw her on wednesday, she was pretty good. i could see that she had actually grown up a bit. she literally sat down for like half an hour, just eating crisps, and then later (not surprisingly) refused to eat any dinner. she's just got a new younger sister. her mum gave birth on wednesday night at 9.07pm to a baby girl, around 4kg. i'm sure that she'll make a good sister.

freedom. we all want freedom. some people need it more than others. every year we have the FREEDOM festival in hull. it was originally started a couple years ago in aid of the wilberforce commemorations. it's a good event, but i think that somehow the message is lost in translation. it's all about the music and the bright lights. actually, it should be a celebration of freedom. freedom for a lot of people. however, despite what wilberforce did, slavery still happens in some shape or form. traffiking is one. Lord, how can be stop these things?

Lord, may you grant us your grace and mercy and give true freedom to all who seek your face.

No comments: