Monday 23 May 2011

simple compassion : shine





Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson (from A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles)
shine.glow.

it's true, most of the time we mix trying to be humble and thinking too little of ourselves and end up doing nothing. i must do something for God. he's given me quite a lot and i should actually use what he's given me and not waste it.

Lord, help me to keep a humble and serving heart. Lord, open my eyes to see the need around me and to pray for those who need you. Lord, help me to show love. love for my family, love for my brother, love for myself. Lord, help me to love others as you love them. Lord, I just want ot pray for the many unreached people in this world. Lord, there are so many people that don't know anything about you yet. And Lord, may you forgive my sins. Lord, for all of those things that i do that keep me from you.

Lord, help me to shine in this world, not for myself, but for your glory.

No comments: