Wednesday 28 May 2008

Try Praying Day 6

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8 v 12

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3 v 20

there are so many things that wreck my life. i'm wasting my life away. how can i really be the light. the light so that the world can see. that is a great promise that we only need to knock and we can enter. thank you God.

you know, i realised yesterday just how important it is to know what exactly i believe and i really don't know. i've almost got a blind faith which is useless. had a few discussions about islam with a few muslims. it's pretty interesting and i can see how each religion can sound just as convincing as each other. how can we be sure that christianity is the way? that is, because each different reliegion has a god, that 'seems' to do miracles and stuff like that, how can people tell. Lord, i'm so confused. i truely believe, but i think that i need to seek more. what is so different about christians. islam is growing, yet the number of christians is los growing. if christianity really is the truth.....there are so many many unreached people, all of whom have a strong belief and actually already know about the Bible and jesus, and believe differently. Lord, can you open up people's lives and change them. Lord, nothing is impossible with you. only you are the light, the whole world walks in darkness.

sigh. this world is so confusing. i wish that we could be living back in the garden of eden. paradise, idylic. walking with God in the garden everyday. I wish. we can only dream.

No comments: