Thursday 22 May 2008

Try Praying Day 3

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
Luke 4 v 18-19
umm...i'm not in the right frame of mind to think or to care. I'm surprised at myself for simply not wanting to talk or to do anything. what am i doin? i just want to ignore the world and not care. I'm half way there. wanna rebel and run away. yet, the verse today says that the spirit has anointed me. what does that mean? this trypraying book thing does not really make sense. i have no idea how it all fits together. it's probably cuz i'm not thinking proper. i'm fed up with myself.
release the oppressed...thinking of the people in burma, where their own people can't even help those in need in their own country. it's so sad. devastating. how can they see light at the end of the tunnel. then you think back to the fall of the berlin wall. that literally took years of persistant prayer and finally people were set free. we can look forwards to the day that we can be set free from all this shite. hate that word, but thats what this world is: shit
argh....what the hell is wrong with me?

No comments: