Wednesday 3 September 2008

Day 3: Bouyei (Buyi or Puyi)
  • 3.1 million people
  • religion: polytheism, animism, less than 0.2% Christian
  • live mainly in Guizhou: basis standard of living
  • 10th largest ethnic minority
  • don't use Chinese characters: oral language
  • mostly farmers
  • need to HEAR and BELIEVE

It's funny how the world is so small. A random Chinese lady came knocking on the door at ARKH yesterday. She has got directed to us by the library. Funny how I happened to open the door and talk to her,..in very very basic Mandarin. Ended up helping her. She's actually an university lecturer in Fujian University! Heehee....very interesting....Us Chinese people are everywhere! I had two people from other agencies contact me about Chinese clients! I really do think that I am very conviently placed at ARKH!

No comments: