Friday 5 August 2011

prayer & fasting day 3: Younas

“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.”
Psalm 119 v 130



there is literally no time to do anything anymore. honestly. it's awful. my advice to anyone who wants a life....don't get a job that requires you to use your brain. i'm stressed already and this was only my first week. there's targets, things gotta move fast and i honestly have no idea what i'm doind and how on earth i'm suposed to do it. how am i going to cope?

I met with Younas yesterday to talk about work. he taught me a bit about how he teaches English. it's pretty good, I think that there's a lot to be learnt actually. if I left a few of my jobs, then i could have more time to volunteer or not to worry about things that much. but that would mean for sure that i can't move out....until I wait for the pay slip at the end of this month to see how much i get per month, and then reassess....sigh....

I really admire Younas. he's dedicated, good at what he does and incredibily funny. he set up the English classes himself and how has a full-time programme. many lessons to be learnt from him. he comes from Pakistan, where he was teaching and his whole family teach. he said that he taught, is teaching and will always be teaching.

I guess there is always something new to be learnt!

No comments: